Thursday, March 29, 2007

How to get the best restaurant meal

I discovered something very Buddhist today about getting the best meal ever...write a blog about it. OK, you may all not want to write a blog about your meal, or even take notes about it while you're eating. But you might consider pretending that you will. I had lunch today with a good friend at the same place we always have lunch, but the food was so much better than before. I noticed all the dried fruit in her salad, had it always had that much fruit? The perfect taste of my wine with my salad, was it always that perfect? My friend was sure about the fruit, and I know she's right. I'm just really paying attention and, HOLY COW what a difference. (Now that I think about it, "holy cow" may be a purely midwestern thing to say, but you get my drift.) I'm still able to chat and totally enjoy the company, but I'm taking the time to taste every bite and notice all the textures and chat with the server. It's really a great experience and I hope I can convince you to give it a try. Do you suppose this applies to the rest of my life as well? Either way, I'm having a blast and never want it to end. Being 40-something isn't half bad. (With the possible exception of my distinct lack of eyelids.) Check out the details on lunch at The Grape Escape. We had a great meal!

No comments: